Image Map

Friday, September 27, 2013

Halloween Biscuits {for beginners}

Hello world!

I made my very first halloween biscuits!

I am a beginner in the cake decoration area, but I really enjoyed decorating these biscuits and creating the different colours I needed :)

I must do it again and practice{ahem...perhaps, I should bake them again when it actually is Halloween....}




I was expecting terrible results on the icing, I could already see myself covered in orange icing trying to make a pumpkin out of a round(ish) biscuit!

I didn't have any cutters but that didn't discourage me!!I took a knife and started making a mess cutting bats, pumpkins and ghosts......that's why I ended up with a whole family of crooked bats...

After everything was done, I was told that I could have draw the bat on a piece of paper, put it on the biscuit and THEN started cutting -- I think it would have spared me a lot of  "#$%&!" during the process.


I am proud of the final result :) It was the first time but the icing was good, the biscuits were delicious and they looked like ghosts, pumpkin and bats right? That was the goal! :)


Below you can find the printable recipe - Click on the image and print it out:


::FEW TIPS:: {Thank you Paola for your help!}:

- Before decorating the whole biscuit, make the borders with the icing using a toothstick - this way the icing won't slip down the biscuit when you cover the remaining part;
- In order to make the black icing look really black add some cocoa powder and then, when the icing is brownish, add the black colour (you might need to add a tea spoon of water here, in case it gets too thick);
- Sieve the sugar before adding the water : this way you won't create lumps or bubbles (as you can see, I didn't do that on the orange icing for the pumkins..*sigh*)

Don't hesitate to give it a try and Have Fun!

Until next time,
Daniela

**************************************************************************

This post has been featured at:

2 comments:

  1. So fun! I love the Halloween shapes and the fun faces you made! Perfect to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment or feedback, they make me smile and I will be more than happy to answer :)